Concrete Software’s popular PBA Bowling Challenge continues to reel in record numbers of users as one of the mobile device industry’s most popular games, approaching 10 million total downloads.
Originally introduced via Google Play for Android devices, PBA Bowling Challenge has surpassed 7.6 million free downloads and maintains an impressive 4.5 star rating out of 5.0. In addition, since its introduction in the Apple Store, another 1.5 million Apple device users have downloaded the game and given it a 4.6 star rating.
Some other interesting statistics regarding PBA Bowling Challenge:
● The game is averaging 11,200 new users per day via Google Play and 5,250 new users per day via Apple Store;
● More than 102,000 Android device users and 68,000-plus Apple device users play the day every day;
● Android users are buying more than 30,000 bowling balls and 41,000-plus energy refreshes daily while Apple users are purchasing 18,000-plus bowling balls and 33,000 energy refreshes every day.
To download the PBA game in a version to fit your mobile device, visit http://www.concretesoftware.com/web/games/pba-bowling-challenge/ and click on the proper app store button.
PBA REGIONAL ROUNDUP: RED-HOT CASTILLO WINS FIRELAKE/GRAND CASINO TITLE
Dino Castillo of Carrollton, Texas, defeated reigning PBA Southwest Region Player of the Year Joe Findling of Mesquite, Texas, 288-203, to win the PBA FireLake/Grand Casino Resort Southwest Open presented by Dexter at FireLake Bowling Center in Shawnee, Okla., on Sunday, April 13.
Castillo pitched two 300 games in qualifying to pace the field and earn two byes in the single-elimination finals. He then threw a third 300 game, averaging 283 in his four games of match play, to coast to his fifth PBA Regional title.
Castillo fired games of 300 and 278 at Mike Edwards of Tulsa, Okla., in winning their best-of-three-game Round of 8 match, 2-0. He then eliminated former PBA SW Region Rookie of the Year Sean Lavery of Pasadena, Texas, 268-216, to advance to the final match.
● Dave Wodka of Henderson, Nev., posted a 13-2-1 match play record and a 24-game total of 5,902 pins Sunday to win his 18th PBA Regional title in the PBA Earl Anthony West/Northwest Memorial at Earl Anthony’s Dublin Bowl in Dublin, Calif.
Wodka, who earned $2,500, defeated Jake Peters of Henderson, Nev., by 177 pins for the title.
In the companion PBA50 Open, Marty Deh of San Jose, Calif., went 9-3 and knocked down 4,577 total pins for 20 games to top Mark McCreary of Livermore, Calif., for his fourth West PBA50 Regional title and $1,500.
● Bill O’Neill of Langhorne, Pa. defeated Joe Paluszek of Bensalem, Pa., 185-165, to win the PBA Rockaway Eastern Open presented by Storm at Rockaway Lanes in Rockaway, N.J., Sunday for his 10th career PBA Regional title and a $2,500 first prize.
Paluszek dominated qualifying and retained the lead after posting a 7-5 match play record. O’Neill, who qualified second, also went 7-5 in match play and defeated Ryan Shafer of Horseheads, N.Y., 279-247, to advance to the title match.
● Brandon Novak of Chillicothe, Ohio defeated Carleton Chambers of Detroit by 189 pins to win the PBA Debbie & Leo Nunan Memorial Central Open presented by Track at AMF Stardust Lanes in Grove City, Ohio, Sunday.
Novak finished with a 9-3 match play record and a total of 4,844 pins for 20 games, including match play bonus pins, for his second career PBA Regional title and a $2,300 prize.
● Heading into Easter weekend, the schedule features the PBA50 Sarasota Southern Open at Sarasota (Fla.) Lanes, Wednesday through Friday, and over the weekend, the PBA South Point West Challenge (for non-champions), the South Point West Member/Non-Member Doubles in Las Vegas, and the PBA Del Mar Lanes U Can Bowl 2 Southwest Challenge presented by MOTIV (for non-champions) in Houston, Texas.
Closing the April schedule will be the PBA50 Cherokee Lanes Southern Open presented by MOTIV in Canton, Ga., April 24-26.
The annual PBA West/Northwest Hawaii tripleheader is also on tap, beginning with the PBA Kona West/Northwest Open at KBXtreme Lanes in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, April 27-28, and followed by the PBA John Gonsalves Memorial West/Northwest Open at Schofield Barracks on May 1, and the Hickam AFB West Northwest Open presented by Columbia 300 May 2-4.
For complete PBA Regional schedules, rules and entry information, visit pba.com, open the “schedules” tab and click on Regional Tours to find the event(s) in your area.
● Reminder: Four paid entries into Oklahoma’s Grand Casino Resort PBA Summer Swing will be awarded in a “win-a-spot” qualifier to be hosted by FireLake Bowling Center on Sunday, April 27, at noon. The entry fee is $150. Competition will involve nine games total pinfall, including three games each on the Wolf, Badger and Bear patterns that will be used during the Summer Swing. To enter the win-a-spot qualifier, call FireLake at 405-275-0404.
● Noted New Jersey dentist Dr. Robert Russano, a longtime PBA member who competed in PBA Tour events from 1991-93 died April 12 at the age of 72 after a lengthy illness. He was also a member of the Morris County B.A. Hall of Fame.
● Former PBA Touring Player David Bash past of New Martinsville, W.Va., died unexpectedly on April 10 at age 58. Services for Bash, who joined the PBA in 1974, were held in Parkersburg, on April 21.