SEATTLE – Corporate sponsors who play an important role in the presentation of Professional Bowlers Association programs will be seen in a spotlight role during the 2014 PBA League television series, which debuts Sunday at 3 p.m. ET on ESPN.
Players on all eight teams in the PBA League will be wearing custom-designed team jerseys featuring their team sponsor logo across the chest of each player, and players will be using bowling balls featuring their sponsors’ logos to shoot at spares. Each two-hour ESPN telecast will provide extensive exposure for players on two of the eight teams.
“The PBA League offers unique opportunities for the PBA’s corporate sponsors to reach wide audiences as well as engaging with our players,” said PBA Commissioner Tom Clark. “The PBA League sponsorship program is just one more example of how the PBA can generate unique exposure for its business partners. We greatly appreciate the support of our business partners and look forward to doing everything we can to help them grow.”
PBA League corporate sponsors featured this season:
● The Dallas Strikers are sponsored by the United States Bowling Congress, the governing body for the sport of American tenpins.
● L.A. X is sponsored by GoBowling.com, the bowling industry’s online portal to all things bowling, including a guide to help bowling fans locate the closest bowling center and/or tournaments, special events and more.
● The New York City WTT KingPins are sponsored by GEICO, one of the world’s largest insurance companies and a long-time sponsor of both the PBA and KingPins owner Billie Jean King’s World Team Tennis programs.
● The Silver Lake Atom Splitters are sponsored by Spiceworks, a leading software development company.
● The Philadelphia Hitmen are sponsored by High 5 Gear, the PBA’s official bowling jersey manufacturer.
● The Motown Muscle are sponsored by Barbasol, the world’s first commercial shaving cream manufacturer and titled sponsor of the PBA Tournament of Champions.
● The Pittsburgh JackRabbits are sponsored by HotelPlanner.com, the PBA’s official travel partner.
● The BROOKLYN STyLES are sponsored by Concrete Software, creator of the highly-popular PBA Bowling Challenge game for mobile devices.
The PBA League’s 2014 ESPN television schedule (all times are Eastern):
Sunday, Feb. 9, 3 p.m.: Quarterfinal Match One - L.A. X presented by Gobowling.com vs. BROOKLYN STyLES presented by Concrete Software PBA Bowling Challenge.
Sunday, Feb. 16, 3 p.m.: Quarterfinal Match Two – New York City WTT KingPins presented by GEICO vs. Motown Muscle presented by Barbasol.
Sunday, March 2, 3 p.m.: Quarterfinal Match Three - Silver Lake Atom Splitters presented by Spiceworks vs. Dallas Strikers presented by United States Bowling Congress.
Sunday, March 23, 1 p.m.: Quarterfinal Match Four - Pittsburgh Jack Rabbits presented by HotelPlanner.com vs. Philadelphia Hitmen presented by High 5 Gear.
Sunday, March 30, 4:30 p.m.: Semifinal Match One – Winner Match One vs Winner Match Two.
Sunday, April 6, 1 p.m.: Semifinal Match Two – Winner Match Three vs. Winner Match Four.
Sunday, April 13, 2 p.m.: Elias Cup Finals, Winner Semifinal Match One vs. Winner Semifinal Match Two.