A new GEICO Summer King of the Swing special event, a five-player stepladder final with a $25,000 prize fund and a $10,000 first prize, will conclude the PBA Tour’s Milwaukee summer series on Sunday, June 2.
The King of the Swing field will include the winners of the GEICO PBA Summer Swing’s Badger, Wolf, Bear and Milwaukee Open tournaments plus at least one “wild card” based on competition points from the four events. Here’s how the King of the Swing will work:
● The winners of the Badger, Wolf, Bear and Milwaukee Opens will be seeded into the stepladder final based upon their standings in overall competition points for the four events.
● The fifth spot in the stepladder finals will go to the highest-finishing player in Summer Swing points who has not otherwise won a spot in the finals.
● If a player wins more than one event, the next highest finisher in the subsequent tournament will advance to the stepladder (example: if Player A wins the Badger and Wolf Opens, the next highest finisher in the Wolf Open will earn the berth in the finals assuming he/she doesn’t win a subsequent event).
● The prize money for the King of the Swing will include $10,000 for first place, $6,000 for second, $4,000 for third, $3,000 for fourth and $2,000 for fifth place. The GEICO PBA Summer King of the Swing finals will be contested at 3:30 p.m. (CT) on Sunday, June 2, for airing on CBS Sports Network on Tuesday, July 9, at 7 p.m. ET.
FOLLOW THE GEICO PBA SUMMER SWING ON XTRA FRAME, SOCIAL PLATFORMS
PBA’s online television channel, Xtra Frame, has a busy month ahead, including comprehensive live coverage of all qualifying and match play rounds of the GEICO PBA Summer Swing in Milwaukee, followed by live start-to-finish coverage of the PBA50 Tour’s Suncoast PBA Senior U.S. Open from Las Vegas, June 2-7, followed by the United States Bowling Congress Senior Masters from South Point in Las Vegas, June 9-14.
The Xtra Frame crew will cover qualifying and match play for the PBA Tour’s Badger Open May 20-21, Wolf Open May 23-24, Bear Open May 27-28 and Milwaukee Open May 29-30. For the complete schedule, visit: pba.com/Live/.
For monthly and annual subscription information, visit pba.com and click on the Xtra Frame logo. https://www.xtraframe.tv/pba/secure/registerform
Fans also can follow the GEICO PBA Summer Swing easily by downloading the online Bowling Channel’s free mobile apps and watch the stream on Android and Apple mobile phones, tablets and iPads: +Android http://bit.ly/ZwKdYN +Apple http://bit.ly/YDA0Nu
Or follow the action on the social network with PBA Facebook, PBA YouTube Channel and Xtra Frame’s Mike J. Laneside encourages everyone to follow the #SummerSwing on PBA Twitter: http://bit.ly/181E4HU
PBA REGIONAL ROUNDUP:
● Sammy Ventura of Syracuse, N.Y. defeated Roy Buckley of Westerville, Ohio, 2-1 in a best-of-three-game title match to win the PBA50 Columbus Central Open at Wayne Webb’s Columbus Bowl in Columbus, Ohio, on Saturday, May 11.
After losing the first game, 217-162, Ventura bounced back, winning the next two games, 232-197 and 217-204, for his first PBA Central Region title of the year and his fourth career PBA Regional title. He also earned $1,400.
● Jeff Bellinger of Columbia, S.C. defeated Steve Jones of Berlin, Md., 217-191, 191-213, 236-215, in the best-of-three-game title match to win his 14th overall PBA Regional title in the PBA50 Danville (Va.) Southern Open at Riverside Lanes on Sunday. Bellinger earned $1,600.
● Amateur Joe Steiner of North Conway, N.H., defeated Nicholas Heilman of LaCrosse, Wis., 198-147, to win the PBA Midco Midwest Open at Empire Bowl in Sioux Falls, S.D., Sunday. The win was Steiner’s first in PBA Regional competition. He earned $2,500, but does not get credit for a PBA title because he is not a member.
● The May 17-19 PBA Regional schedule includes the PBA Fort Sill Southwest Open at Twin Oak Lanes in Fort Sill, Okla.; the PBA U.S. Foods Northwest Open presented by Boger Construction and the PBA50 Daffodil Bowl Northwest Open presented by Sunset Chevrolet at Daffodil Bowl in Puyallup, Wash., and the PBA and PBA50 Baldo Campana Central Opens benefitting the Lorain County Kids Fund at Rebman Recreation in Lorain, Ohio.
The Memorial Day weekend schedule includes two one-day “reduced entry fee” joint PBA50 regionals for Midwest and Central Region players, sponsored by Allstate Insurance, at Poplar Creek Bowl in Hoffman Estates, Ill., on Saturday and Sunday, May 25-26.
Closing out the month will be a pair of mid-week PBA50 West Regional events: the fourth annual PBA50 Long King Saguaro West Open at Johnson Lanes in Sun City West, Ariz., May 27-29, followed by the PBA50 Miller High Life West Open at Starlite Lanes in Flagstaff, Ariz., May 29-31.
For complete PBA regional schedule and entry information, visit pba.com and click on “Regional Tours” under the Schedules tab.
BRUNSWICK BOWLING CAMP SET FOR SUBURBAN CHICAGO IN JUNE
Reigning PBA Player of the Year Sean Rash and fellow Brunswick Pro Staff members Parker Bohn III, Mike Machuga, Ronnie Russell and Brunswick tour rep Chuck Gardner will conduct the second annual Brunswick Bowling Camp June 21-23 at Brunswick Zone XL in Romeoville, Ill.
The three-day camp will feature videotaping of all participants, intense personal instruction, equipment analysis, tournament preparations and more. Camp tuition ($1,300) includes four new bowling balls, two shirts, breakfast and lunch each day, tickets to a Chicago Cubs-Houston Astros game, and all of the instructional support including videotaping. For more information, send an email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Reminder: Applications are due June 15 for the PBA’s Billy Welu Scholarship, awarded annually to a male or female college student who competes in the sport of bowling and exhibits exemplary qualities as a student and citizen. The winner receives a $1,000 scholarship award. To access the Welu Scholarship application form, use this link: http://pba.com/Corporate/Scholarships/